Youth Groups/Informal Jewish Education
Jewish communal life is a joyous experience, and our Youth Groups and Informal Jewish Education bring this experience to our children and teens through social, religious, cultural, and social action programming. Within a uniquely Jewish environment, children and teens grow in pride and confidence and form friendships that last a lifetime.
To join any of the Youth Groups, JeshTY or NFTY-GER, call Youth Program Director, Sarah Silversten at 973-379-3177, ext. 6638 or email her at email@example.com.
KatanTY (Small Temple Youth)- Kgn – 2nd Graders
Develops Jewish identity for our youngest youth group, 2nd and 3rd graders. Most programs take place following Sunday programs.
GadolTY (Big Temple Youth)- 3rd – 5th Graders
Provides programming for 3rd – 5th grade students. Event times and locations vary and include sporting events and activities, theme restaurants, and mitzvah projects.
MitzvotTY- 6th – 8th Graders
A social action corps for b’nai mitzvah students. Some events meet at B’nai Jeshurun and others out of the building.
JeshTY (Jeshurun Temple Youth)- 8th-12th Graders
Offers a year-long calendar of events for High School students that integrate social, religious, cultural, and social action activities. This Senior Youth Group is a student-run organization. A Board of students is elected each spring and together with the Youth Advisor, educators and clergy, the students to create a comprehensive year of programming.
2011-2012 JeshTY Executive Board
- President: Stephanie Shaw
- Executive VP: Benjamin Dantowitz
- Social Action VP: Julie Gould
- Religious & Cultural VP: Courtney Cooperman
- Membership VP: Jared Goldsmith
- Corresponding VP: Emily Feigelman
- Communications & Publicity Chair: Ethan Siegel
- 8th Grade Liaison: Rachel Brisgel
- 12th Grade Representative: Rebecca Farber
- 11th Grade Representative: Evan Hartwig
- 10th Grade Representative: Noah Albert
- 9th Grade Representative: Noah Sellinger
- 8th Grade Representative: Elizabeth Hersch
NFTY-GER (North-American Federation of Temple Youth- Garden Empire Region)
Provides wonderful opportunities for teenagers to meet peers from other Reform Jewish communities in a Jewish social environment, as well as for study and pray. NFTY-GER (North American Federation of Temple Youth-Garden Empire Region) holds several events throughout the year at various congregations in our greater Reform Jewish community and at our area Reform Jewish camps.